I am sure someone else will be able to word this better but until they do...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New Floors, No Toilets

We are day two of having the flooring in the bathrooms and laundry room done. Pictures to follow in a day or so. We have been in the house for fourteen years this month so it was way past time. Whoever thought carpet in a bathroom was a good idea? We had linoleum in the toilet areas and laundry room and carpet by the sinks. It is all being replaced by nice hard tile!

They of course had to pull the toilets. Barbara is back from SLC so she is going toilet shopping today and a plumber will come by Friday afternoon to install them. I know what you are thinking, "Why doesn't David put them in?" For safety reasons, I refuse to live in a house where I had anything to do with the plumbing. The children probably remember having the firetruck come to the house in Euless when I tried to empty the water heater and instead flooded the house and couldn't find the shutoff valve. I will reinstall one of the old toilets this evening after the grout has settled a bit. What can happen in two days? I don't even want to think about it.

Next week will be putting down hardwood floors downstairs which means a lot of the bedroom stuff will be taking up residence in the garage for the duration. The good news is that it will all be done before the kids come home for the holidays. I will have the best present of all, toilets that work the first time, every time.

No comments: