I am sure someone else will be able to word this better but until they do...

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday

A very nice day here in Austin. The temperatures today will be in the 70's instead of the high 90's so we are getting some welcome relief. We also had some much needed rain last night.

It is the little things that add up I suppose. On Tuesday I had to take my Prius into the body shop to have some minor work done on the bumper. When we were in San Antonio we were involved in a fender bender. As it turned out, the damage was only cosmetic but the car was new.

Anyhow, the insurance company gave me a very low end Chevy to use for the two days it was in the shop. I have to admit that I have been spoiled through the years with such things as power locks, power windows and CD players and it comes as a shock when you have to do without for a few days. I am sure my pioneer ancestors would get a good laugh about my having to rough it listening to FM radio while I drove back and forth to work.

Barbara has been busy making airline reservations for the kids so we will all be together for the holidays. Emily is taking the two boys to Boise before James starts his law school finals. When he is finished he will join them in Idaho. This year they will open presents with Emily's family and then fly off to Austin to finish the rest of their holiday. Rachel will get in Austin late Christmas Eve, so it will be a busy couple of days for us at the airport.

Russell reports that his internship is going well in Washington D.C. He will finish up in December and will be coming back here to Austin. We are getting mail from different law schools almost everyday. With any luck he will get early admitted before the end of the year.

No comments: