My second week in Australia I met a guy who had just returned from America. He was telling me how he went to Moab and talked all about it and how great it was. He was also shocked when he learned I had never been there. So, I decided I needed to go! It was great, and made me wish I lived there and could spend my life outside instead of in the law library. It also motivated me to visit more of the cool stuff around Utah (since so often Provo seems to have nothing to offer besides the dollar movie theater), so my friends and I are planning future trips to Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, and are going to hike Mt. Timpanogas on Monday.
My friends Dave and Krystal came with me. Others were going to meet us there, but didn't come because of thunderstorms. Luckily it didn't rain too much in Moab - and we were especially grateful that it didn't storm on us while we were sleeping outside.
I really liked the sunbeams behind me.
1 comment:
Pat and Iwent white water rafting for a week out of Moab when we were first married. I SWEAR it was so dry in that canyon that truly the water itself didn't even feel really wet.AND the Pizza Hut where we ate when we were flown back to Moab at the end of the trip was the best food I have ever eaten any place in the world. I've often wondered if I went back the pizza would be as good. Maybe not??
Post a Comment