I am sure someone else will be able to word this better but until they do...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My big, fat Republican Dream Sequence

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:


Dream Sequence is a technique used in storytelling, particularly in television and film, to set apart a brief interlude from the main story. The interlude may consist of a flashback, a fantasy, a vision, a dream, or some other element. It is normally apart in time or space from the main story, or contrary to the continuity of the main story. Many writers and critics look down on dream sequences as a cheap way to explain a character's motives without actually integrating them into the plot

Barbara and I attended a surprise 30th wedding anniversary party on Sunday for a former co-worker of mine. This co-worker and I worked closely together for several years in the 90s and were great work friends. Her husband worked for then Governor Bush and went with him to the White House in 2001 taking my friend away from the software business and into the world of politics.

So I can't say that I was really surprised to see Carl Rove and Karen Hughes at the party. They seemed to be very nice people in person. At the party were a few other past and present employees of my company as well as well as a large number of other friends of the stunned guests of honor. As part of the program a video clip of the President and First Lady was shown with the two of them congratulating my friend and her husband.

No comments: